Friday, October 28, 2005

HELLO!
I decided to leave my last day in Crescent for a post here. Yeah... I can't possibly cram my two years of dancing into a post but I'll give it a shot.

This two years in dance have been memorable. The smiles, the laughters, the sweat, the tears, the injuries, everything - I swear, I've never been happier in my entire life than when I'm dancing with you guys.

I remember the first dance we learnt. It was an Indian Dance, we never finished learning it cos Laoshi stopped teaching us after awhile. Perhaps we were truly that exasperating.

My first performance - Kickboxing on Aces Day. I remember me promising Elizabeth that I'd join if she joined, and she promising Joyce and Joyce promising Lydia. Lydia just had to betray the whole bunch of us. That performance really opened up my eyes. I knew I didn't perform well - I even forgotten some of my steps, so I was determined that in every other dance that I performed, I would never forget my steps.

And then came our first performance - Shen Qi on Speech Day. I remember how we practised so hard in the Dance Camp for that dance. Us being inexperienced and slower than everyone else in learning the steps. We slogged our guts out, and managed something stage-able. Not nearly good enough, but we didn't have a choice.

I remember the first gym lessons where we were taught how to do forward rolls. I remember having difficulties with the backward rolls. I practised hard at home; HAHA now you know how come I finally managed to do it. Oh well... I really adored the sense of satisfaction I got after mastering every stunt, maybe that was what pushed me to learn everything.

I remember the time I got my ballet shoes. I don't know about you but I was ecstatic. It was like finally confirming my place in dance (Well you see, I was very desperate to join dance because I was determined it would be the ONLY CCA I'd join). Then, the leotard and the tights; and how Xiaohei specifically told us how to wear them.

Hmm... and there were Laoshi's birthdays. Last year and this. Totally memorable.

Well... these 2 years sure did pass fast, perhaps too fast. It's alright I guess. I'll miss you guys SO MUCH when I'm in NJ. I'll come back as much as possible okay? AND WE MUST ALL GO FOR THE TENTATIVE MALAYSIA TRIP OKAY? <3

LOVELOVELOVE DANCE FOREVER.
ONCE A CRESCENT DANCER;
ALWAYS A CRESCENT DANCER.

Anonymous
22:51
CRESCENT DANCE OUR FIRST LOVE

CRESCENT.
DANCE.
SEC 2'05


pictures!
pictures! 2

alyssa
amelia
yuqi
dixin
adrienna
michelle
elizabeth
isabella
joycelyn
jeanne
lydia
joyce
lily
peiyi
jane
gloria
sarah
chuyun
zifang
shihui
wenlin
angela

we got the poem here.

10.2005
11.2005
12.2005
01.2006
02.2006
03.2006
05.2006
07.2006
10.2006
11.2006
01.2007
LINK US!